Project Management Services
The Sugar Engineers will be very happy to offer you a quote for project management services of the design, fabrication and erection of plant and equipment for your factory. Please send an email to stating your requirements.
The Scope of Services detailed below is a typical example of the kind project management services we offer.
Scope of Services
The Services are broken down into three categories:
- Design and Engineering
- Project Management and Administration
- Construction Management
Design and Engineering
The following services will be carried out by the Consultant:
- A complete mechanical, structural, and piping design of the equipment installation will be done
- Terms of Reference (ToR) for the Client’s geotechnical engineer, civil engineer, electrical and instruments engineer and third party inspector will be prepared.
- A complete set of documents including technical, commercial, and contractual sections will be prepared so that Requests for Tender (RfT) can be issued to the Client's preferred contractors.
Project Management and Administration
- A thorough Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) will be prepared.
- A Preliminary Cost Estimate (accuracy ±5% to ±10%) will be prepared.
- A Project Plan will be prepared, this project plan will consist of the following sections
- Integration Plan
- Scope Management Plan
- Cost Management Plan
- Time Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Human Resources Management Plan
- Procurement Management Plan
- Tender adjudication of the piling, civil mechanical and electrical contracts
- A monthly report will be prepared.
- Payment certification for the various contracts will be done.
- Construction management of the various contractors (civil, structural, mechanical, E&I).
- Receive, review and approve the contractors’ programs.
- Receive, review and approve the contractors’ quality control plans (QCPs).
- Quality surveillance and monitoring of the contractors’ QCPs
- Chair the monthly meetings with the various contractors.
- Facilitating commissioning and handover by the contractors
- Facilitating Employer’s Taking Over of the project.
Time for Completion
The design phase of this work will be completed within 999 days of the date of commencement. The date of Commencement is 99th Zofrember 9999.
The duration of the construction management phase is dependent on the contractors’ skill and resources and so cannot be explicitly stated here. However it is estimated that the Consultant will be occupied for about 99 months on this project.
The following documents will be delivered to the Client
- Preliminary Cost Estimate
- Process Flow Diagram (PFD)
- Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (PID)
- Equipment design basis and code calculation report
- Equipment data sheet
- Plot Plan
- Equipment General Arrangement
- Civil Footprint Loading Drawing
- Equipment Detail Drawing Sheet 1
- Equipment Detail Drawing Sheet 2
- Project Plan
- ToR for Third Party Inspector
- ToR for Geotechnical Engineer
- ToR for Civil Designer
- ToR for Electrical/Instruments Engineer
- RfT Documents for Piling Contract
- RfT Documents for Civil Contract
- RfT Documents for Mechanical, Structural and Piping Contract
- RfT Documents for Electrical and Instrumentation Contract
- Tender Adjudication Reports for; piling, civil, mechanical and electrical contracts
- Monthly Report, including four payment certificates
- Commissioning and Employer’s Taking-Over Document Pack